Unlocking Samsung from USA Sprint / Verizon: possible or not?
Before buying a locked phone from abroad, make sure that there are services for unlocking from this operator. Despite the fact that Samsung brand is one of the most popular in the World, and services for unlocking these devices are developing not less actively, not all models are available for remote unlocking using NCK code, recived by IMEI.
Here is the list of operators for which unlock using NCK code is not possible :
- Straight Talk
1. When you install another SIM card, these phones do not display a menu for entering the unlock code. Even if you know how to get Root and "get" the request to enter the unlock code (there were cases), there are still no codes in the database for these phones. Accordingly, it is senseless to order codes for such models.
2. Check the supported mobile standards. If in the specification indicated only CDMA standard (and this is a notable feature of popular smartphones from Sprint, BoostMobile, StraightTalk and Verizon), then such a phone will not work in another networks under any circumstances. CDMA standard works only with some networks in the US and Japan.
If the phone works only with the CDMA standard, it is quite easy to recognize: it does not have a SIM tray to install another SIM card.
3. Change the firmware does not solve the lock problem.
4. If you requested a google search for: "unlock Samsung from Sprint", "how to unlock Samsung from sprint", "Samsung Sprint unlock", "unlock Samsung from sprint" and saw positive results with links to services or video, this is possible only for "hybrid phones", which, in addition to the CDMA standard, support the GSM standard.
The unlocking of such devices is carried out directly: software unlock Samsung from operator Sprint USA through a cable. To make such an unlock, you need to install special software, drivers to the device, connect your phone to the computer and follow the instructions in the application. So you can unlock the model:
- AT&T > unlock Samsung from AT&T USA
- T-mobile > unlock Samsung from T-mobile USA by IMEI code / unlock Samsung from T-mobile USA through Device Unlock App
- MetroPCS > unlock Samsung from MetroPCS USA by IMEI code / unlock Samsung from MetroPCS USA through Device Unlock App
- Cricket > unlock Samsung from Cricet USA